Wednesday, October 8, 2014

Extends,Complicates,Qualifies, Challenges or Illustrates

Seiden:

Seiden qualifies Carey's claim that the for-profits are too aggressive with their recruiting process by agreeing with it, but then going on to say that many people don't believe that they are ready for college and need to be convinced so that they can get an education that everybody deserves.

Perteaus:

Perteaus illustrates Carey's claim that the for-profits target veterans by explaining that the 90-10 rule  rule only allows 90% of the college's income to come from government aid under the Title IV. However, the GI Bill isn't under that Title so if they enroll veterans, the remaining 10% can still come  from the government

Conway:

"I can tell you that (personally) my experience with Ashford was very positive. I don’t feel that my Adviser lied to me in any way and everything that we discussed was point on, as far as my needs and expectations for furthering my education. With the exclusion of one course, my Instructors were knowledgeable,instructive, and interactive with the students and my main complaint with that course is that my instructor had a lot of personal emergencies and was unavailable a lot of the time" (Amy Dodson).

This quote challenges Carey's claim that the education is not up to the standards that the schools make it out to be.




No comments:

Post a Comment